Julie Odgaard Vedel, Jacob Seefeldt, Anders Seefeldt og
Ciguatera fish poisoning while on vacation
Ugeskr Læger 2019;181:V03190201
This case report presents a four-year-old Danish girl, who acquired ciguatera fish poisoning after eating a meal containing fish while being on vacation in Cuba. After returning to Denmark, her main complaint was pain in her lower legs and disrupted sleep. She was seen by her primary care physicians and at a paediatric department but was not diagnosed, until a specialist in tropical diseases saw her seven months after her return from Cuba. She was successfully treated with amitriptyline and dietary changes.