Videnskab | Nyhed 20/02
Ugeskr Læger 2018;180:V01180036
Acute liver failure caused by intake of white fly agaric
This is a case report of a 47-year-old Afghan woman, who was admitted to a Danish emergency department with symptoms initially being interpreted as gastroenteritis, but 18 hours later she had persistent symptoms. A blood test showed raised liver parameters, and the patient told, that the day before onset of the symptoms she had eaten white fly agaric believing that it was mushroom. She was transferred to the Danish National Hospital for liver failure treatment, and she was discharged after eight days. This case shows, that it is important to record a good anamnesis.