Content area

|
|

Dødelig udgang efter indtag af æselagurk

Forfatter(e)
Sanjeewa H.M. Patabendige1, Jesper Brink Svendsen2 & Jan Dominik Kampmann1 1) Medicinsk Forskningsenhed, Medicinske Sygdomme Sønderborg/Tønder, Sygehus Sønderjylland 2) Arbejds- og Miljømedicinsk Afdeling, Bispebjerg Hospita

Ugeskr Læger 2019;181:V01190051

Reference: 
Ugeskr Læger 2019;181:V01190051

Sanjeewa H.M. Patabendige, Jesper Brink Svendsen
& Jan Dominik Kampmann:

Deadly outcome after ingestion of squirting cucumber

Ugeskr Læger 2019;181:V01190051

In this case report, an 83-year-old woman with dementia was admitted to hospital with vomiting and diarrhoea. Her medical history included dementia, atrial fibrillation and seizures. She had accidentally ingested a kind of “fruit”, which was used as part of a flower decoration in her room. When admitted, she was in hypovolaemic shock and hypoxic. The ingested “fruit” was identified as squirting cucumber: Ecballium elaterium, which is known to cause vomiting and diarrhea, according to the Danish poison centre. The patient’s condition deteriorated despite intravenously given fluid and antibiotic treatment for a suspected aspiration pneumonia. She died two hours after admission.

Du skal være logget ind for at læse denne artikel
Log ind

Right side

af Astrid Hanna M. Schulze | 24/08
1 Kommentar
af Benny Andreasson | 23/08
1 Kommentar
af Sven Felsby | 20/08
1 Kommentar
af Christian Visby Carlsen | 20/08
8 kommentarer
af Jørn Rosborg | 18/08
2 kommentarer
af Kasper Broby Eckert | 17/08
3 kommentarer
af Pal Bela Szecsi | 16/08
1 Kommentar
af Michael Prangsgaard Møller | 16/08
2 kommentarer